PATV is always on the lookout for interns to assist us in providing public media to the Iowa City area. Interning is a great way to gain work experience and learn various aspects of a broadcast television station. Former interns and volunteers have gone on to careers in fields such as journalism, the film industry, and national broadcast television. If you’re a high school or college student, interning can also be a great way to gain course credit.
For more information please call PATV at 319.338.7035 or e-mail us at [email protected]
PRODUCTION SPECIALIST INTERNSHIP
● Working on field production and special projects, as assigned.
● Maintaining TV studio and assisting studio productions.
● Maintaining Community Bulletin Board.
● Maintaining video library and updating archives.
● General office work, as needed.
COMMUNITY OUTREACH INTERNSHIP
● Assisting in the development and distribution of marketing materials.
● Maintaining community/audience mailing list database.
● Attending/assisting in coordination of community events and fundraisers.
● Internet researching and writing.
Volunteering at PATV is a fun and valuable way to spend an afternoon and evening. As well, by volunteering you can earn free workshops and gain experience using video cameras, editing video, and working in our broadcast control room. Please call PATV at 319.338.7035 or e-mail us at [email protected] for more information.